A Follower of King Jesus
JEFF DOLES is a writer and blogger, a follower of King Jesus and a lover of the Trinity, exploring the Christian faith, spiritual life and the Bible. His desire is to help you take the next step of faith in your walk with the Lord, live in the reality of his kingdom and experience the presence and power of God in your life. So he has developed several spiritual resources:
- The Faith Log ~ This is Jeff’s blog, which you can view online or have sent to your inbox. You can also follow it by RSS feed and on Bloglovin’. Or see the feed to the right or below on this current page.
- Books ~ Jeff has written several books on prayer, faith and the power of God, as well as bite-sized studies in the Bible.
- ebooks ~ All Jeff’s books are available in Kindle, PDF and epub formats.
- Healing Scriptures and Prayers ~ Jeff has gathered up many healing scriptures from the Bible and adapted them for prayer. Available in paperback and ebook, but also in CD and MP3 download. You can also listen to them on Spotify. These are good for “soaking prayer.”
- Music ~ Jeff has three music albums, featuring original songs as well as fresh arrangements of hymns and Christmas carols. All are available in CD and MP3 download. You can also listen to them on Spotify.
- YouTube ~ Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Jeff is actively engaged in social media, with daily thoughts, prayers, occasional discussions — and also a bit of fun. Feel free to interact.
- Facebook ~ You can find WBM, as well as Jeff’s personal page, on Facebook. Come “Like,” “Follow” and “Friend.”
- Twitter ~ Find Jeff on Twitter. Or see the Twitter feed to the right or below on this current page.
- Instagram ~ Follow Jeff on Instagram, where he regularly posts graphic quotes (usually his own). These are “jump starts” for your faith, defibrillations to set your heart beating with the rhythms of God.
- Google+ ~ Follow Jeff on Google+ for his latest blog and other posts.
Here’s a bit of our music for you to enjoy.
Let Earth Receive Her King
Advent, Christmas & the Kingdom of God
CHRISTMAS IS ABOUT THE BIRTH OF A KING ~ AND THE COMING OF A KINGDOM!
Advent is a time of waiting and preparation. Advent comes from the Latin word adventus, which means “coming.” In ancient Rome, the adventus was a ceremony in honor of the emperor, welcoming him into the city. The Christian season of Advent is a time of watching and welcoming that focuses on the coming of Jesus, God’s Anointed King, into the world.
At Christmas, we celebrate the first coming of King Jesus, when He established the kingdom of God. But we also keep an eye toward the second coming, when He will return once again and the kingdom of God will fill all the earth. In the meantime, we live between the comings as the kingdom of God increases and multiplies.
In Let Earth Receive Her King, we will explore some of the ancient promises God made to Abraham, David and the Old Testament prophets. We will also consider how the hope of Israel and the salvation of the world began to be realized two thousand years ago as we look at the Christmas story in the Gospels of Matthew and Luke, and taste of the rich meaning of the Incarnation in the Gospel of John and the letters of Paul. More ...
Personal Confessions from the Psalms
Prayers and Affirmations for a Life of Faith, Happiness and Awe in God
RENEW YOUR HEART TO THE RHYTHMS OF GOD!
The psalms of the Bible are powerful expressions of the heart of faith in covenant with God, and of the heart of God in covenant with His people. Confessing the psalms is simply speaking in agreement with them, and is a great way to meditate on, personalize and instruct your soul with the truths and promises they bring.
The personal confessions in this book are adapted from the psalms. They are defibrillations to shift your heart into the rhythms of faith, to recalibrate your thoughts and emotions with the promises of God and realign your will with the heart of God. But don’t just read them. Find a place where you can say them out loud and maybe even shout them out with passion. Let them go up with a whoop and a holler to God, with the velocity of faith, and watch what happens in your heart and in your life. More ...
There is Always Joy!
Paul’s Letter to the Jesus Believers at Philippi
(Bite-Sized Studies Through the Book of Philippians)
by Jeff Doles
PAUL was in prison. The Jesus believers at Philippi were facing increasing persecution. Add to that an undercurrent of personal disagreements and division in the fellowship, and things were not looking very bright. Yet Paul said, “Rejoice in the Lord always.” There is always joy, and in his letter to the church at Philippi, Paul shows us how to find it.
Joy saturates this letter. It shows up in unexpected turnarounds in the midst of difficult circumstances. It is found in knowing Jesus in His humble, self-giving servanthood, in the power of His resurrection — and even in the fellowship of His suffering. It is discovered as together we pursue the Jesus-shaped life. More ...